As noted on the Welcome page, all assessment and treatment services must be provided using a Service Agreement negotiated with another treatment provider, agency, county,or other administrative setting. Because the cost of these services is not reimbursed by insurance companies, we can only provide them through this contract mechanism. Please contact Eunice Torres, MS, if you have any questions.
We begin each contract with
- Preparation of a service agreement outlining the services to be provided
- Review of clinical records from the referring agency and other service providers, forensic interviews, police and CYF reports, etc.
- Communication with the referring agency by phone, fax, and/or e-mail to discuss the case and treatment logistics
- Team meetings to discuss reviewed records, assessment strategy, etc.
- Where appropriate, communication with the family to be assessed and other sources of information (e.g., other service providers) to more accurately conceptualize the case before assessment.
We conduct a comprehensive evaluation of the child and family to determine the type and intensity of services most likely to be helpful. The evaluation may include:
- A specialized fire history and interview
- Clinical/diagnostic evaluation
- Collection of parent and teacher rating scales
- Administration of other forms to evaluate a child's competencies and vulnerabilities
After the evaluation, we review our findings with the referring agency to make sure that all recommendations are understood and can be implemented effectively.
Post-evaluation work includes:
- Evaluation team meetings to discuss and finalize evaluation results, treatment recommendations, and other case-related subjects.
- A written report with treatment recommendations
- Communication with the referring agency via phone or e-mail to review treatment recommendations, the written evaluation report, etc. to make sure that all recommendations are understood and can be implemented effectively.
- When requested by the referring agency, communication with the family for more details after the assessment and to contextualize evaluation findings.
Our Services for Children and Families
Services are delivered in our clinic as needed. A family may receive any of these services:
- fire safety education
- individual child therapy/skills training/medication
- parent training/counseling
- family therapy
- home, school, and community services
- clinical consultation and referral
- recommendations to involve other therapeutic services