The study investigates changes in brain chemistry that are
responsible for the inability to solve problems observed in some
individuals with alcohol dependence.
We are looking for both control and alcohol dependent subjects and
you may be able to participate if you -
* Are between the ages of 25 to 55.
* Are in good physical condition.
* Are a non-smoker or smoker who smokes less than 15 cigarettes a
* Have no history of psychiatric or neurological disorders.
You will need to complete the following -
* Session 1 includes confidential interviews, self reports and a
physical examination (including a small blood draw.)
* Session 2 includes a series of pen and paper tasks.
* Session 3 includes an MRI/MRS scan, urine drug screen and a
Eligible Participants are compensated up to $180.
For more information, please call 412-967-6508.