Jo-Ann Adamchik, RNC
Clinical Specialist III
||Sterling Plaza, Suite 200
||Pittsburgh, PA. 15213
- Mood changes associated with menopausal transition.
- The effect of gonadal hormones on the central nervous system, particularly on mood and
- The effects of the menopausal transition in participants with a previous psychiatric
- Allegheny General Hospital School of Nursing and attended the University of Pittsburgh.
- American Nurses Association Certification in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing.
- SCID Certification by NYS Psychiatric Institute/Çolumbia University; Biometrics
Research Department, New York, New York.
- Most recent nursing experience: Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, Pittsburgh,
PA, fifteen years on inpatient schizophrenia; participated in education to patients and
family members; and taught Crisis Management, which was part of the central in-service
- Presented on the nursing care of the adult self-mutilative patient to staff at WPIC,
Woodville State Hospital, and Mayview State Hospital.
- Developed and conducted Women's Grooming Group for the population of the inpatient
- Provided orientation and training to nursing assistants on the schizophrenia unit.
- Participated in inpatient medication research protocols in regard to schizophrenia; and
provided administration of decanoate injections to the out-patient population.
- Nursing experience in the operating room, obstetrics and pediatrics.
Memberships in Professional and Scientific Societies
- American Nurses Credentialing Center
Home | Staff | Publications | Training
Project Pressure | Gender Studies |
Center | SWAN Study